Respiratory Devices: Ventilators, Nasal CPAP & Nasal Cannulas
Tortle accessories support the complex care of babies in the hospital environment.
Tortle supports the vigilant care of babies in need of respiratory assistance through a range of innovative products and accessories that are all compatible with the crucial equipment within a hospital environment.
The Tortle Midliner is easy to use and requires less manipulation than most devices on the market. This medical device is designed to help you quickly and effectively secure a range of respiratory devices to a patient, often without tape.
Additionally, Tortle offers a range of small accessories to attach ventilators, nasal CPAP, and nasal cannulas in a manner that won’t disturb or irritate the patients.
Tortle Midliner Overview
HOW TORTLE SUCCESSFULLY SUPPORTS NEURO-PROTECTIVE & DEVELOPMENTAL PROGRAMS IN THE NICU
- Tortle Midliner is a Class 1 medical device.
- The device is soft, pliable, and non-toxic.
- It helps provide a simple way to consistently support a premature baby’s head within the necessary, appropriate boundaries throughout her stay in the NICU.
- The Tortle Midliner is compatible with the respiratory and feeding devices and the procedures that go on within a NICU. This versatile medical device allows hospital staff members to easily perform head ultrasounds and x-rays, use continuously monitoring EEG and NIRS, and to perform scalp IV’s when needed.
- The Tortle Midliner is an important part of your IVH bundle, as it allows you to position and hold small babies (<1500 g) in a variety of neutral, midline positions.
- The Tortle Midliner is revolutionizing the way sick infants are cared for, as it requires less manipulation than most devices on the market and eliminates the need for adjustments that are disruptive to a healing baby. As a versatile medical device, the Tortle Midliner is compatible with the gear and procedures that go on within a NICU and allows hospital staff members to easily perform head ultrasounds and x-rays, to continuously monitor EEG and NIRS, and to perform scalp IV’s when needed, with maximum accessibility and minimal interruption to the patient.
- It helps provide a simple way to consistently support a premature baby’s head within the necessary, appropriate developmental boundaries throughout the baby’s stay in the NICU. With the Tortle Midliner, micro-preemies are managed in the neutral position during the first three or more days after their birth. Thanks to the design of this device, it’s possible to hold these tiny infants’ heads in a neutral position, even when they require respiratory support, central lines, or are undergoing a medical transport.
- The Tortle Midliner is an adjustable, soft beanie, designed with two support rolls made of polyurethane foam
- Single layer construction is highly breathable and fits securely
- Manufactured from a blend of 95% cotton/ 5% Lycra and PU foam and a high-grade medical fabric designed to be breathable and Velcro-receptive
- Lined with soft foam for comfort
- Designed with versatile materials that are highly compatible with attachments, including: CPAP, nasal cannulas, feeding tubes, and more
- The materials are all tested to ensure that they are nontoxic to the infant
- Has a Velcro front opening to minimize infant handling and help reduce stress
- Hand wash cool water (can use the baby bath and baby soap)
- Air dry
The Tortle Midliner is designed for premature babies, and is available in three sizes, based on head circumference.
This medical device is designed to be used from birth until an infant is mature enough to graduate from their warmers to an open bassinet, and they are in “Back to Sleep.”
The Tortle Midliner is used for the smallest premature babies to infants up to 2.5 Kg.
- 17 to 22 cm head circumference
- Case # 65911
- 22 to 30 cm head circumference
- Case # 65901
- 30 to 38 cm head circumference
- Case #65903
US Patent #8096304 | Additional US and International Patents Pending